WHAT will I do?: We’re looking for volunteers to help out with all sorts of activities at Southampton Mencap:
- Helping out at our evening clubs, day services or holiday activities for
children, young people and adults with a learning disability (click here for information about activities and your role).
- Being a Home Visitor to people living away from home who have no contact with family members, friends or visiting carers and can’t easily get out and about (click here for current information on clients in need of a home visitor)
- Serving refreshments at our monthly Carers Lunches
- Helping out in the office with admin and office duties
WHEN will I start?: You decide! Start dates are as and when you are available. Hours are negotiable. Just let us know how long you can help out for
WHO are we looking for?: We take on volunteers from all different backgrounds, but we’d be particularly interested if you have experience working with children, young adults or vulnerable people. We’re looking for people with enthusiasm, commitment and a positive attitude, so don’t worry if you don’t think you have prior relevant experience as training and support will be provided
WHY get involved?:
- You will gain an insight into the lives of people with learning disabilities and their carers. As a result, you will learn to understand their talents, limitations and the challenges they may face
- Our volunteers enjoy being part of an inclusive and friendly group
- Volunteering is a great way to gain new work experience and boost your CV. Volunteers can gain transferable employability skills, like leadership and communication skills
- Volunteering enables you to give back to your community and make new friends!
HOW do I apply?: Get in contact with our Activities Manager, Elly Iles on 023 8058 4088 or email email@example.com with a Volunteer Application Form. The Volunteer Role Description can be found here.
Still want more information?: Take a look at our Volunteer Information Sheet, Volunteer Handbook and Information on Volunteering for the Independent Home Visiting Service
NEW Volunteering opportunity: Catering Mentor
We are looking for a talented volunteer to help us with the launch of our exciting new ‘Cafe Down The Lane’ initiative which will see us developing a new cafe on the Mencap premises. If this sounds right up your street, why not download the advert and get in contact if you think you can help?
Here at Southampton Mencap we are always on the lookout for people who can raise money for us. It’s important that we raise money to keep all our activities running so please let us know if you think you can help us or have ideas for innovative fund-raising activities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to get involved then check out our Fundraising Booklet.
Why not get together with friends, classmates, work colleagues, or your community group and make a real difference to the lives of local families by raising money?
……every penny counts.
For a simple way to donate online now, visit our Just Giving fundraising page by clicking the button above.