Southampton Mencap operates a number of well-established evening and weekend club activities as well as holiday schemes and support to access mainstream childcare and play settings. Most clubs and activities are well attended, some even with a waiting list, and we will welcome new members where there is space to do so.
All club and activities offer opportunities for socialising and having fun to children, young people and adults with a learning disability, giving them also the chance to meet their friends on a regular basis in a supported environment. This benefits their families and carers too by giving short breaks from their caring responsibilities. Browse our Directory of Activities to see what is currently available.
Learn about how many of our members experience our services through Paul’s journey at Southampton Mencap, in our short video below.
In line with our membership policy, all clubs give priority to people living at home with family members. The clubs continue to be viewed as one of the key aims of the organisation.
We can also offer advice and information on:
- Provision, benefits and services.
- Open meetings of interest to people with a learning disability and their parents or carers.
- Support for people with a learning disability or their carers in their dealings with statutory authorities.
- Newsletter produced quarterly, and circulated amongst members, specialist establishments, and professionals.
- Southampton Mencap Year Book – published through the sponsorship of local advertisers.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.