Help with Education Health and Care (EHC) Plans

Independent Support

  • Does your child have a statement of SEN?
  • Is it going to be changed to an Education, Health and Care plan?
  • If so we can help!


Southampton Mencap has a team of friendly ‘Independent Supporters’ to guide you through the change from a statement to an EHC plan.


We are Independent– we are not part of Southampton City Council.

We can provide accurate information and advice about EHC plans.

We can help you to understand what is being said in meetings and in letters.

We can help you with paperwork you might be asked to fill out.

We will make sure that your voice is heard during the EHC process.

All of our support is completely free and confidential.


To speak to an Independent Supporter call 023 8055 7607 or email